Tuesday, April 05, 2005

All this education, and I still don't understand

Instead of trashing people I know and, possibly, getting in trouble, I will complain about people that I do not know. No harm, no foul.

I moved away from Pennsylvania because it was a little too country for me. I originally moved to Maryland to be closer to "the city". Apparently, I had things all messed up. So, just so I'm clear, two people who love each other can't get married if they are the same sex, but they can get married if they share the same genes. I'm glad we have very clear moral and ethical boundries (please note sarcastic tone). It's fine to have an opinion, just be consistent.

The faculty around me are worried about their research because the Iraq War/Bush-related money crisis is significantly impacting scientific funding. I'm glad that the REALLY important research is being funded. Why cure diseases when you can have a close encounter with microbes from another world?

For all of you trying to understand love, quit now. This proves that it is beyond comprehension.

Save the Crabs...Then Eat 'Em: One of the oddest campaigns ever. If you can't eat crabs, is it then O.K. to treat your lawn with hazardous crap so that your grass is greener than your neighbor's? Do you know that when I work in my lab with the chemicals found in your lawn treatments, I'm required to wear protective clothing, masks, and goggles, and I have to work in a fume hood? Have fun watching your kids play in your pretty, cancer grass yard. There's an ad campaign for you.

It is about time that psychiatric patients gained some rights. Why wasn't this always the standard of care? Don't get me started on the deplorable conditions and messed-up-standards- of-care for people with psychiatric illnesses. You have no opinion on this matter until someone you love has spent time in a hosptial psych ward. You have no idea. By the way, if you're out there, don't overdose a patient with a drug that they shouldn't be taking, a drug that could have serious consequences, if that patient is related to a neuroscientist with specialized medical and pharmacological training.

So, you don't want us to video tape our children being born for fear we may catch you doing something wrong? Please explain your rationale so I don't think that it's merely you trying to cover your overworked ass.

3 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Katie said...

You have to wear "googles"? That's rough. ;)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Terry Finley said...

Nice blog. Thank you.

Our health is really important.

Check out my blog:
http://terrysdailytales.blogspot.com/

Terry Finley
commentary.fin@gmail.com

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

So, I just couldn't go on living with a misprint because I can be a bit obsessive. Note that "googles" has been changed to "goggles";) Although, If I could wear googles, I would...what do you think they would look like?

Thanks for visiting my site--it means more to me than you probably realize. This must be what it feels like to have friends;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home