Thursday, April 14, 2005

For the Religious

Children, cover your ears:

I would just like to state, for the record, that any bible-toting person claiming to be a "Christian" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) who thinks that mental illness a.) is the work of the devil, b.) is perfectly curable by exhaustive prayer and/or prayer chains, and/or c.) leads to violence and perverted intentions, will burn in whatever hell you've dreamed up in your sick fantasies. Don't call my house and threaten anyone in my family because you believe that your child is not mentally-ill and that your child has been coerced by my mentally-ill family member, through his evil pact with Satan, to call our house 50-times a day. If you continue making these threats and call my house again, all hell will rain down on you via my lawyers and the local police, and your life will be turned upside down. I know that it's historically been kosher for Christians to call upon God to strike down other religious people in some fucked-up, self-designed hierarchy, but I don't play by those rules, and I will see you in hell before I let you hurt my family. If I believed that you were literate, I would be soothed by the thought that you might read this, but your ignorance suggests that this will never happen. So, for the record, I am writing this as evidence of my intentions, since I have no way of contacting you. We will get a restraining order, we will sue you, and we may even send out a prayer chain asking God to strike you down to reverse the one you so kindly sent out, you crazy bastard. You made the rules, not me.

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

I am confused, and yet I think I love you. And thanks for your kind words over at my place, and I'm so sorry you're being harassed, and sure, why can't a scientist believe in ghosts? But don't listen to me. I believe in believing in opposites as often as possible, and I'm guessing that my gene pool would keep you well employed for maaaaaany moons. I know that all our psychiatrists love us so far! The psychologists seem to enjoy us as well. We aim to please, chez SBFH.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Thank you. It means a lot to me, and I enjoy your blog. I don't mind being harassed, but I do mind people harassing my loved-ones. I never quite managed to control my rage issues. My gene pool is also imperfect; we have funded many vacations for our psychiatrists. If I had the power or knowledge, however, to make us all completely normal, I wouldn't do it. I would definitely try to heal the painful and scary parts of our minds, but I would leave the rest as is. I would rather force the rest of the world to understand and accept my gene pool and your gene pool and all of the diverse gene pools. That would be social (and genetic) evolution at its greatest.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Yep. I officially love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home