Friday, April 08, 2005

I'm Going To Hollywood

I made it--the week is finally over. It looks like you made it too, congrats!

Top 10-most-commonly-uttered phrases this week:

1.) I quit
2.) I'm going to stab myself in the eye
3.) I would rather stab myself in the eye than do (fill in the blank)
4.) I'm never coming back
5.) If the lab windows opened, I would have jumped out a long time ago
6.) You're fucking kidding me, right? Don't make me hurt you.
7.) I don't want to talk about it.
8.) I'm going crazy.
9.) I can't stand him, and I think he's an idiot--I wish he would be kidnapped and taken to a different country where he would be forced to sew women's garments (his name will be witheld for my own protection)
10.) That's it, I'm moving to Hollywood.

I learned a very important lesson about being dramatic. Be careful what you say, because rumors are started without much effort. I told a co-worker that I was quitting science and moving to Hollywood to become a soap-opera actress. I say this quite often. He took me very seriously (could have been a cultural/language miscommunication). Several days later, I was confronted by another co-worker who wanted to talk to me about "hanging in there". He was very concerned that I was giving up my future in science. He was very sad to hear that I was moving to California. He asked me how long I had been an actress.

I take it as a compliment to know that people actually believed that I could star on a soap opera. It makes me wonder, however, what people are saying in regard to my other 9- comments. By the way, I do not endorse kidnapping. If he disappears, it is not my fault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home