Friday, May 27, 2005

Hollaback Girl

I am going to play "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani 100 times this morning. I am then going to dream about saying the following to the Jerk:

"So that's right dude, meet me at the bleachers
No principals, no student-teachers
Both of us wanna be the winner, but there can only be one
So I'm gonna fight, gonna give it my all
Gonna make you fall, gonna sock it to you
That's right, I'm the last one standing, another one bites the dust"

I am then going dream about standing on my desk, swinging my tubes of brains around my head, screaming:

"This shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S"


And, since this won't really happen, I will dream that my rats are sitting next to me singing:
"This my shit, this my shit"

If I don't feel better about the situation, about this caustic environment, I'm going to put in my "songs of death" playlist featuring Megadeath, Metallica, and AC DC. I don't like to bring out the big guns, but sometimes you have to stand up for yourself...even if you can only do it passive aggressively.

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger muse said...

Music by The Offspring is great for me when I am trying to plunge into my anger/frustration, ride the wave, and get back to a somewhat more balanced mood (instead of just suppressing it). Their Americana album is especially helpful... LOL (http://urbanmuse.blogspot.com/2005/02/3-good-things-one-bad-so-i-guess-i-win.html)

"Falling" is a _great_ song for this...

"When the truth walks away
Everybody stays
Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay

So if you walk away
Who is gonna stay
Cause I'd like to make the world be a better place"

...I take this in the more general sense of "if there's crap around you, you have a choice and can try to change it"

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Thank you--all help is appreciated:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home