Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It is what it is

Family time away from the lab means that I have time to do "fun" things, like watch TV programs detailing the end of the world.

Apparently, the Bible Code predicts that an asteroid will hit the earth in the year 2012, destroying everything. Now, in the code next to this prediction, it also says that God may try to save us, but that part isn't real clear.

Even though the Bible Code has other accurate historical details in it, I usually wouldn't worry about such a prediction. It's hard to forget about, however, that pesky Mayan calendar prediction that the world will end (or change drastically), quite coincidently, in 2012.

The good news is that now I don't have to worry so much about not having a retirement fund. It also means I can stop worrying about the whole "peak oil" thing.

Another up-side of the world ending in 2012 is that, according to the prophet, VP Dick Cheney, the Iraq war will end by 2009. This means we really will get to see the war end before we die.

I hope that I've made you all feel better about everything.

Here are some more predictions about the end of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home