Thursday, May 05, 2005

Making Applehead Dolls

After I read "James and the Giant Peach" as a child, my friends and I each picked a character from the story and made applehead dolls. Staring at the bowl of fruit in front of my computer, I am having a hard time resisting the temptation to stop working and make an applehead village. If you haven't made one before, you don't know what you're missing. It's easy to make them look like evil distortions of people you know (especially people that drive you crazy and/or piss you off)--you can even use makeup to make it more realistic. Put them on your desk and wait for your appleheads' evil human counterparts to come by, and you've got yourself an interesting interaction. Or you could choose not taint such a seemingly innocent project and make an applehead with your child of choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home