Friday, May 27, 2005

Time Out

I will soon be off to visit the in-laws where I'm sure to gain 10-lbs. My mother-in-law equates expressing her love with feeding her kids--she loves us ALOT. She also believes that everything is better with butter. My arteries hurt all ready, but I feel warm fuzzies in my behind where my saddle-bag cells are already celebrating. They love my mother-in-law.

I will also be spending the next 3-days trying to figure out how I can clearly articulate the link I'm trying to draw between known-cancer-sucesptibility factors and their role in neuronal function and/or death after insults to the brain. The problem is that once we identify proteins that cause/impact a disease such as cancer, it is hard to get into people's brains and switch their gears. It's tricky making them see these factors having roles in other disease states and cell types. Everything in your body is so multidimensional-- it's amazing. We'll see if the reviewers buy it...

I'll see you when I get back!

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger muse said...

"She also believes that everything is better with butter"

Dear gods, we share in-laws!!

I'm vegetarian so I can't eat the meat dishes that they prepare, but even their vegetable dishes are drowing in butter and -delicious though they may be- they give me that "ugh, I'm not feeling so well" feeling after the gargantuan meal... LOL

Hope you're having a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home