Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Elena's Motorcycle Ride Through Chernobyl

Courtesy of my sister-in-law, here is a very interesting site.

From the site:

"I travel a lot and one of my favorite destinations leads North from Kiev, towards so called Chernobyl "dead zone", which is 130kms from my home. Why my favorite? Because one can take long rides there on empty roads. "

She talks about everything from irradiation and natural radiation levels to the history of Chernobyl. There are a lot of great pictures (more their content than their quality), and if you want to know what Chernobyl now looks like, you'll find out.

Since radiation is one of the many things I'm interested in, I felt this was scientific enough to share with you:)

3 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Wow! Thanks so much for this.

I spent like an hour there today, and want to go back. Very cool.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

I would much rather read adventures like these than watch T.V. I'm glad you liked it.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger trisha said...

me, too. tv shows too much and leaves nothing open for our interpretation.

although, we do have high-definition tv, and it is pretty damned cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home