Monday, June 20, 2005

There's manure in my pasture

I called my parents to a.) tell my father happy dad's day and b.) ask my mom how her first week of retirement went.

With regards to a:
My father went to a flea-market for father's day and may or may not have purchased a gun and some sort of pesticide. Funny that I've mentioned both in the last month--he's very predictable.

With regards to b:
My mother is deathly ill. Her quote of the day: Even though the grass is greener on the other side, there's still shit on it.

4 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Murky Thoughts said...

"deathly ill"

Seriously?

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Oh, no! What's going on?

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Uh oh...that doesn't sound good.

Regarding your dad, I thought of my son when Trisha recommended the wallet made of duct tape - he has a buddy who makes them. They can be suprisingly cute.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

My mom has a compromised immune system so when she gets sick, she gets really sick. We're not sure why her immune system is so crappy, but the doctors think it's from the many years of teaching kids who are walking germ pots. She has also had a pretty stressful life, and I've noticed that she gets really sick right after periods of prolonged stress.

That's for your concern. I think she's through the worst of it, so she should be fine. It's just ironic that she retires only to find herself stuck in bed for several weeks. Yuck.

Jessica: I think the duct tape wallet is precious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home