Friday, July 29, 2005

A bad year for the scouts

What on earth did the boyscouts do to piss off the powers-that-be?

Pitching the tent
Heat exhaustion
Lightning

I was an unofficial boyscout since my dad was a BS Leader and my two brothers were in his troupe. I spent many evenings bandaging up legs, tying knots (useful for incapacitating brother2), lighting fires with flint stones, and racing pinewood derby cars. My mom figured if she could get 3 people out of the house, why not one more. She needed the break, so I didn't mind. While other girls were baking brownies, I was learning how to distinguish between leaves meant for toilet paper and leaves meant for warfare (i.e., skunk cabbage and poison ivy). I still say to myself "leaves of three--let it be" when hiking.

I feel awful for the families impacted by these tragedies.

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

I know. What horrible stories. I say that Leaves of three, let it be thing too.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

Weren't they waiting for Bush?

I won't say any more.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger sue said...

It really is sad. All they wanted to do was be with nature and for some reason nature got pissed off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home