Monday, July 11, 2005

Freaky Monday

Sometimes, I'm sure that I've been body-snatched.

Today is one of those days.

First, I have spilled 4-containers of solution today. I NEVER spill solutions because a.) they smell, b.) they're a little toxic, and c.) they are a pain in the ass to make. Occasionally, I have bad days where my hands are shaky and my head is a little cloudy, and I will spill a container, but I never spill FOUR.

Second, I ate lunch today. I rarely crave lunch--usually I'm running around too quickly to even think about eating. Today, for some reason, I needed to eat. If that doesn't amaze you, here's the real kicker. I ran over to the campus store and bought sushi. I NEVER eat sushi. I find it disgusting and noxious and blah-gag-blah. For some reason though, I just had to have wasabi, ginger, and soy sauce, and the only sane way to eat these thing together is to have some sushi.

Third, I got everything crossed of my list. I NEVER get everything crossed off my list because my lists are over ambitious. I even had time to do some extra chores like labeling some slides for this week and organizing my brains so that I can pull samples more quickly when I need them. Weird.

Last, but definitely not least, I smiled at two complete strangers today. I try to smile at strangers randomly so people don't think I'm some crazy bitch (I would rather have them think I am just plain crazy), but I usually only pass on one smile every other day or so. I've smiled at two people on campus today, and it's not even 2 o'clock yet. Very weird.

Someone has taken over my body--my handwriting is even a little off today. The sad part is that my invader is apparently more efficient, better organized, and either nicer or more socially inclined than I am. The only thing that I have going for me is that I'm more coordinated, but maybe the solution spilling incidents were just my invader's way of pissing me off.

I guess I shouldn't complain. At least I got my list done for today.

11 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger : Joseph j7uy5 said...

Ummm,Ummm, I don't know about the spilling etc., but the sushi?...Could your beta-HCG be, ummm, elevated?

Sorry. None of my business.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

No need to apologize--that was the first thing I thought when I started to salivate at the thought of popping california rolls;) As far as I can tell, a body-snatcher is a more probable cause than an increase in my beta-HCG. Still, a craving for sushi is really off-the-wall for me.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger kate said...

Just ran across your blog... cute post. :)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger trisha said...

You science nerds! Couldn't you just ask her if she is knocked up?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

I second Trisha's comment! Hilarious post, by the way. Hope the invaders continue to help you with your lists.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

It seems he doesn't realize that it's OK to be forthright with me. It's probably scary for a man to ask someone if she is "knocked-up", especially when he doesn't know the potential baby's mama.

Or, he's just as dorky as me and likes to use nerd-speak.

Or, he was testing our knowledge...

I don't like to discriminate. I welcome all street-talk, nerd speak, and any other type of vernacular.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger trisha said...

I love this post, too.

I have read it like seven times.

And I wish you were my neighbor. Or something. I secretly love you.

Okay, wait, that makes it sound like I want you to be my neighbor so I can stalk you and hide in your shrubbery and sneak into your house through a window and steal your handsoap.

So, it's accurate. Carry on.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

You wouldn't be the first person to hide in our shrubbery...but that's for a whole other post.

At first, I laughed at the handsoap because it was very funny. Then, I got nervous that someone was going to steal my handsoap. I'm very particular about my handsoap, and I don't know what I would do if I got in the door from riding the bus and couldn't immediately wash my hands....deep breaths.

Thanks for liking my post (or just saying that you liked it--I'm not picky;)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger trisha said...

I have no idea why "handsoap" even pooped into my head!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Pooped?!!!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger trisha said...

eeeewwww....um, popped. yes, popped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home