Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday morning reads

Monday morning reads:
Here are the briefs--the original reports are cited below each article.

Curcumin (yellow pigment in turmeric/found in yellow curry) may have anti-cancer properties. Too bad both the taste and smell of yellow curry makes me want to gag. I do like turmeric when it's not in curry, though.

Genes that may make the most out of a cord blood donation. (They named one sprouty. Yep, that's right--sprouty. Valley girls (or boys) have grown old and become scientists, apparently).

The rich not only have nicer things, but they suffer less pain in the years before their deaths?! WTF--where is karma when you need it?

Why I will study in coffee shops but never in libraries.

4 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Rusty said...

Please come to either of the libraries I work at. There is plenty of noise there and no shushing.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Noise and no shushing??? It seems too good to be true.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Rusty said...

plus air-conditioning, free internet and movies to take home for a week.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Lucky you. I had a job where I got all the free pizza I wanted. That's the only real perk I've ever had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home