Friday, July 15, 2005

Slices of Heaven

I cut 2400 brain slices yesterday in a record time of 5 hr and 35 min. No elves, no Oompa Loompas, and no hired help. My back is saying "I hate you, and when you turn 40, I'm going to morph you into an early-onset-hump back freak". My thesis committee, however, is going to say "You can go and leave this hell-on-earth to pursue a real life". That will be totally worth a hump or two.

If you're interested, this is what I cut my brain slices with a cryostat. This is kind of what my slices looked like, only mine are thinner so they are a little more transparent. Now you know;)

Speaking of Oompa Loompas, here are some games from the new Willy Wonka movie site. Although I'm not sure why they cast Joan Rivers...uh...I mean Johnny Depp as Willy the weirdo (they made his face tight in this flick), I am excited to see the new version. I wish I had the Golden Ticket.

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger BotanicalGirl said...

Your cryostat vaguely reminds me of the contraption I used to make slices with for my TEM class. Which I can't think of the name of now. Bugger.

Do you need serial slices or just a certain number from each brain?

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

I'm doing serial slices, but not from the whole brain (thank the heavens). Were you using a vibratome before?

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Oh, to be a fly on the wall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home