Friday, August 26, 2005

Beauty Tips

Tip for the day:

If you live in a really old house with really bad plumbing, never try to create your own hair conditioner with an advocado and some honey. If you do feel the need to be your own cosmetics source, go the extra mile and process the hair treatment in a blender until smooth. Don't think to yourself, "I can just mash it with my hand like I do when I'm making guacamole--how smooth does it really need to be?". Just because you may feel like you don't have the extra energy to wash out the blender doesn't mean you should ignore the instructions written by our trusted beauty editors. They know what they are doing.

Do you know how disgusting browned advocado looks floating around in the tub? Have you every thrown up peanut butter? With that visual, turn the chunks into a brownish-green baby poop color. Now you know.

9 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

Yum.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Oh, my.

I am not laughing *at* you.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger trisha said...

I love how blogger asks me to choose an identity when I am leaving comments. Were it that easy.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

ha ha- that reminds me of the time when I was in graduate school, living in an old apartment building and I decided to put henna in my hair. I didn't really mix it into a nice, smooth paste and when I rinsed it out of my hair it turned to cement in the pipes. When the landlord asked me what I had done I just went all doe-eyed. "Gee - I have no idea"

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

Oh jeez, I have done so many such experiments, it's not even funny.

But, the real question is: how does your hair feel?

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

woah.
(I'm kinda boring today, sorry!)

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

My hair feels the same as it always does. I am not really impressed with the advocado mask. I think maybe I should stick to internal advocado use.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger trisha said...

I like the avocado face mask crap.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger sue said...

Okay...losing appetite now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home