Thursday, August 04, 2005

That Ecstasy Made Me Move

While I was working on inventing vibrating-imaging wand cozies for Psycho Kitty, I noticed a recent study claiming that ecstacy relieved some of the motor abnormalities occurring in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease. Some of you may be thinking "Hmmm, but I thought ecstasy causes Parkinson's symptoms in non-human primates?"--what's the deal? You are semi-correct, little grasshoppers. A group did make that claim, but they ended up retracting their paper when they discovered that their drug had been mislabled-- they had really been giving the monkeys speed instead of ecstasy. Retraction...ouch.

6 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Wow! You are so pretty today!

WOW!

Took away my breath! Nice job!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

I found this template online. I don't LOVE it, but I was sooooo sick of the other template. I'm still looking around for one that represents me. Thanks, though. It means a lot coming from the template queen herself.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger trisha said...

If you want me to make you something I certainly will.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

I love the new look, too!

And it's funny that you mention this: I heard the same teaser on an add for the news today, and I thought "Wait, I though ecstasy was giving me Parkinsons, not protecting me from it!" Not that I partake, but .. .when I was a young bad, bad girl. . .

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger : Joseph j7uy5 said...

When you find out more about how this might work, perhaps you could work it into your long-awaited, much anticipated post about dopamine

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger sue said...

I hate when that happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home