Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Trollops in my microscope

My word for the day is trollop. I am going to see how many times I can use this word in one day in a scientific setting. People around here are constantly using words that they obviously don't know the definition of as evidenced by their weird word placements. I feel like having a little fun today.

Urban Dictionary has already defined trollop. That makes me sad because I really wanted to define it. I must disagree with the last definition. A "slut ho biatch" is not technically a trollop. I think it's the biatch that throws the whole thing off.

I have to spend 10 hours on the microscope which is why I'm dragging my feet and procrastinating. Imagine staring at a 52-inch TV, sitting 2 feet away from the screen. Now imagine the room is dark and the screen is black with bright, fluorescent-trollop blobs of which are sometimes moving around at a rapid pace. Imagine getting vertigo after about 1 hour but having to continue sitting there, trapped. That's what being on the scope is like.

update at 11:00am: Count is at 3

6 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I first heard the word "trollop" when I was 14 and vacationing with my family in Florida. I made friends with a girl my age and we instantly set out to gather as many boys' names as possible. It was innocent enough until my usually fun loving grandma pulled me aside and said that I was embarrassing the family. She said, "You're acting like a trollop." I had to ask my dad what that meant. His reply stung.

We later found out that she was in the early stages of Alzheimer's.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

I am sitting here trying to pull my foot out of my mouth. I'm sorry my word of the day is a bad one for you. It sounds so innocent but it really isn't.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, SFTR...no worries, really!! It was rather ironic that I was JUST telling the "my grandma called me a trollop" story literally moments before I opened your blog! Sorry if I made you feel badly!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger trisha said...

I have always enjoyed the word trollop. Many of my best friends have been trollops.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Trollop is a special word to me! A few years ago, I had a really boring office job, but I made some great friends there. We used to book a Tuesday afternoon off here or there to go for lunch and drinks, and we'd always call our outings 'Tuesday Trolloping'. Of course, we weren't really trollopy at all, we just thought it was fun and a good title for e-mails. Even now (7 years later) we still start our group e-mails 'Dear Trollops'. Thanks for reminding me of my wonderful friends today. :)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger trisha said...

Cupckae, sounds like a wonderful group! I am totally jealous! I wish I were a trollop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home