Saturday, September 17, 2005

Franken-boobie

The surgery went fine. After a little relaxation cocktail, I was good to go. I told every single person in the surgery unit that I loved them, and that I appreciated all of their efforts, and that they were all amazing. If I had said it once to each person, they may have not thought anything about it. Unfortunately, drugs make me really happy and I'm pretty sure I sounded like a broken record. Oh well, I'm sure they've gotten worse.

I had a medical student sit in on the surgery. My husband was not very pleased about that. This poor kid has probably not gotten to see a boobie under the age of 60, and now that he finally gets a young one, he has to deal with my husband staring him down. The poor kid couldn't even look up at me to ask his checklist of questions. Judging by his social skills, I may have been his first live, free boobie, and he didn't even get to enjoy it. Life sure sucks sometimes.

Anyways, they didn't take a picture, so I can't show it to you. I will have the biopsy results by next week, but my guess is definitely benign, pain-in-the-ass, lump.

I think I will be able to go back to work on Monday as long as Franken-boobie behaves and as long as my dog doesn't rip open the stitches in the middle of the night. I don't know if he is trying to be all "call of the wild" or what, but ever since he tried to lick up the blood from my husband's accident a few months ago, he's been like a little vampire. Yesterday, he just kept sniffing at my shirt. Creepy.

Thanks for all of your support and friendship!

11 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger trisha said...

Yay! Happy you are doing well!

LOVE you, Rx! I really do. And not just in a blog-friend way. In an actual-friend way.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

sftr: I am a happy surgical pt too! I don't know if I've ever told anyone I loved them, but I always get feedback that I am the happiest pt they've had.

I'm glad it all went okay. That is really funny/creepy about your dog -- but what do you expect when the cog has a mom obsessed with brains? :)

I hope you get your results soon and that all is benign. I'll be thinking about you.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

my grandma had a surgery and given her fragility, they only gave her local anesthesia, so she was awake during the surgery and told jokes the whole time.

I'm cracking up at the phrase "Franken-boobie" -- I hope all is well.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger James said...

Wow ... I've missed so much in just ten days.

My most positive thoughts and wishes are being sent your way, and I'll make a point of checking in more regularly to hear about the biopsy.

I'm sitting here trying to come up with something to say that's not banal or just silly - oh well. I want my wife to meet you this Nov., and I'm fully expecting this to be behind you as little more than a semi-bad experience in medicine and an otherwise good opportunity to vent via the blog.

Take good care of yourself, and give that dog a chewy or something.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger AAYOR said...

How did I miss that this was coming up! Yow!

I am VERY glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you are feeling ok. Definitely keep us informed.

And definitely keep an eye on that dog....

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

I'm so glad the surgery is done with and all seems to be well! Fingers crossed for you for a benign result.
And, yeah--creepy dog!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

LMAO at Franken-boobie. :)

So glad to hear that the surgery went well, and hope that you get the result you want to receive very soon. In the meantime, I hope your dog doesn't eat you... ;)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger sue said...

Whew! So glad you're not a MEAN druggie... ;)

Glad all went well. I'm laughing at the term "Franken-boobie", too! I'll have to pass that one on to my mom. LOL!

Uh...the dog...just weird. He needs a bone or a steak or a kitten.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Glad it all went well, SFTR. I have been thinking about you.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger muse said...

So glad to read about this!! :) And your sense of humor is in full bloom, so we _know_ you're relieved and doing good too!

I just had my yearly pap/breast exam, and I must admit that while my doc checked my boobs for lumps, I was thinking about you ("jeez, I hope that all is fine for me, and all turns out to be fine for SFTR, don't know how she's handling it all so well!").

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Oh, sweetie, sending you good good thoughts and prayers. And uh...yeah. About that dog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home