Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Meal Deal Rip Offs

I'm always really carefully to add up meal-deals and restaurant specials to make sure the "special" price is actually cheaper than the sum of the individual prices. You would be surprised at how often you are getting ripped off. You would not be surprised at how confused the server/cashier gets when you try to explain why you don't want the meal deal/special but instead want everything in the meal deal/special.

You can thus imagine how my brain waves spiked in horror at this violation of the deal promise. Look to the left, and you will see that things just don't add up.

"Return my lover" is 24.95 and "break them up" is 24.95, but, if you want to order a "return my lover and break them up" it's 59.90. I won't even get into all of the other problems with their pricing (like why would you pay 59.90 to "make me irresistible" when you can pay 49.90 to "make him/her want me"?).

This is what I'm doing with my great big brain right now. No, I'm not fighting diseases--I'm fighting the Man.

5 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Why are you pricing spells?

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

I was checking my blog to make sure all of the links were still good, and for some reason the pricing caught my eye. I'm also supposed to be meeting a deadline right now so of course I had to find something to get in the way of completing my task. I would never pay for someone to cast a spell for me as I'm pretty sure I could do it on my own after a few trial runs;)

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

I was totally wondering what trisha was wondering... but what's more is I first thought, "what kind of meal deal is 'return my lover'?" :)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger trisha said...

And, hey, you go, you fight the Man. He sucks.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Yeah, sorry--my thoughts have been very..blended...today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home