Friday, September 09, 2005

You caffeine freaks

I found this over at Successful Academic/Academic Coach. Now we just have to figure out if the amount of caffeine we need to consume to fight cancer is less than the amount that will kill us.

Here's what I got:

You could drink 226.20 cups of Starbucks Tall Caffe Latte before croaking.

In my defense, I do not drink Starbucks acid-wash coffee, but they didn't have the brand I drink. Thankfully, I can not afford that much caffeine. Being poor may just save my life yet, or, I guess, it might kill me with cancer. This is why scientists go crazy. Data aren't gray--they are both black and white.

7 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Dang! You are thin! I have to drink 241.8 tall caffe lattes to die.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Edie said...

Does it mean that we would have to drink all that in one sitting? I don't get it. I have felt like dying before but never after morning coffee.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

I was a little confused about that too, but it has to be in one sitting. If it were over a lifetime, most of us would have kicked the bucket a long time ago.

Trisha: I'm shorter than you, silly.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger trisha said...

I am 5'2".

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

No, I've decided that you are at least 5'8'', and I refuse to believe otherwise. You look 5'8'' so it must be.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Nope. 5'2". 124-ish. I am sort of muscle-ish and I have broad shoulders. Maybe that makes me seem taller.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger sue said...

I don't drink coffee. Can the smell alone help? ... probably not. sigh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home