Friday, October 28, 2005

George Bush Ate My Cheerios

The title of this post means nothing, it was just stuck in my head for some reason. Maybe because it was planted there, but I have no way of verifying this hypothesis.

I'd like to point out that my last word verification was "wiiahsyz", which would be pronounced as "W (dubbya) says". Apparently George Bush is leading the blogger subliminal message campaign.

Some may accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist. Well, check out what wikipedia has to say about that.

My favorite excerpt:

"During the 2000 U.S. presidential campaign, a television ad campaigning for Republican candidate George W. Bush showed words (and parts thereof) scaling from the foreground to the background on a television screen. When the word BUREAUCRATS flashed on the screen, one frame showed only the last part, RATS. Democrats promptly asked the FCC to look into the matter, but no penalties were ever assessed in the case. The effect this had on the overall presidential race was unclear; the Democrats and Al Gore received ridicule for finding malicious intent in something that could have been a simple mistake; the Republicans received ridicule for the lack of attention to detail and Bush's mispronunciation of "subliminal" (it came out as "subliminable")."

Ah, I too fear the subliminable snow monster...

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger sue said...

::giggle:: I must be ::giggle:: tired because ::giggle:: I can't stop ::giggle::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home