Monday, October 17, 2005

Minute Men Quit Border Patrol to Look for Big Foot

Money Well Spent on Scientific Research:
$1 million bounty to be offered for live capture of Bigfoot

I tried to find him once--that furry little guy. I made a little "investigation" kit that included a magnifying glass and a garbage bag, just in case I happened to make a live capture. The closest I ever came was when my dad was laid off in the winters--he would stop shaving and follow a tight schedule of Mr. Donut stops in the morning and nickel wing and draft nights in the evening (can you believe you could get a dozen wings and 8 beers for $1?). Sometimes, when he calls my house 3 times in one weekend because he's bored, I wish I had sent him off to be investigated. I still love him, though.

Regardless, I love this:
"We don't want people running around with guns trying to kill something to get the money," Coleman said. "It's not a contest, either. It's a very specific bounty that depends on the permanent capture of a live specimen, with emphasis on 'live.'"

4 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Would probably be harder to find a dozen wings and 8 beers for $1 than to find Bigfoot.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

sign...so very true...

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger sue said...

When I was in high school I babysat for a neighbor who ended up divorcing his wife and leaving his two kids... to go hunt bigfoot. True story. Unbelievable.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

OMG, Sue, that is insane. I'm at a loss for words here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home