Tuesday, November 01, 2005

American Idol for Mice

Remember the mice in the cartoon, "Cinderella", that ran around singing? Apparently, Walt was not licking toads the day he thought that one up.

Male mice sing songs of love...

It's all so romantic, fitting in quite well with dictionary.com's word for the day:
alpenglow \AL-puhn-gloh\, noun:
A reddish glow seen near sunset or sunrise on the summits of mountains.

It doesn't really fit in with Webster's word of the day:
golden handcuffs • \GOAL-dun-HAND-kuffs\, noun
special benefits offered to an employee as an inducement to continue service

Nor does it really fit in with NYtimes word of the day.
pariah , noun
: a person despised or rejected by society : OUTCAST


Oh, sorry, I guess I diverged...that's what happens when you are posting, thinking, and building your vocabulary all at the same time.

5 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger BrightStar said...

golden handcuffs = hilarious

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

I know. I actually thought that one could be extrapolated to the world of mouse love songs, but I decided not to go there...

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger trisha said...

You and I read the same articles.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger sue said...

I saw this on TV! Wild...

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Trisha, That's because we are sharing the same brain via ESP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home