Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Map of My Day

1.) Hungry
2.) Inquisitive/Eager
3.) Bored
4.) Depressed/Tired

(see below for details)

1a.) Eating cabbage may help reduce your risk of breast cancer.

1b.) Don't torture your baby with boring food (my friend's 1-year old loves curry chicken). Maybe differences in disease rates and obsesity among countries have nothing to do with what you eat as an adult. Maybe we'd all be a little skinnier if we fed our babies more hummus. Mmmmm, hummus.

2.) Read some of the classic psychology literature. Already read them? Try your luck with these classic/historical neuroscience papers.

2/3a.) Have an Egyptian Adventure instead of meeting that deadline. While your at it, book a 3-day vacation to one of these cities and see the Tutankhamun tour. Don't have the time? Well, spend your day learning about the tour and King Tut instead of finishing your grading. Make them wait one more day;)

3b.) Have fun with your senses. Trick your friends, family, and co-workers with these body illusions.

3c./4.) Become a top-notch drug dealer.

4.) Study the morbid, suicide map of the Golden Gate bridge.

8 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger trisha said...

Awesome, Rox, thanks! I really couldn't decide what R and I should do today. You are, as always, a Big Help.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I swear, you share the most interesting links EVER. Thanks!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger sue said...

Hmm... the drug dealer link didn't work. Guess I'm not meant to be one, huh? :)

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

how many suicides have been off of the Eiffel Tower, though, because that's where I witnessed one.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger BotanicalGirl said...

Interesting, because ComputerGuy and I just went to the Golden Gate last weekend after accidentally taking the wrong freeway home from San Jose. (We went around the entire bay that day.) We were there after sunset, on foot, but no one stopped us. Neither of us had seen it at night, and it was amazing.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Sorry Sue. That's really weird...I fixed it so enjoy!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger sue said...

Very weird...

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

I guess you have been reading the multi-part series on suicides off the GG Bridge. I have crossed that bridge 3 times on foot and as I live and breath there are these high Plexiglas panels along a lot of that fence. I figured the map would make it obvious where those are and it doesn't. It would be very hard to jump for most of the length of the bridge and yet they don't mention those panels. Maybe I hallucinated them to feel more safe? I don't know.

Excuse me while I go deal some crack and think about it for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home