Tuesday, November 22, 2005

You stink

So, yes...Conference = glorified science fair. I would like to point out that there were no potato clocks or baking-soda volcanoes. It's a shame what science has come to...

I sometimes wonder if our alien creators look down on us sometimes and think, "My gods, what on earth went wrong with this batch?" Especially when we get all excited about plants that smell like rotting death. I should sell tickets for viewings of my fridge.

We went to a murder mystery dinner last weekend--it was quite fun, actually. The acting was a bit over-the-top, but the food was good, and I laughed quite a bit, which is something that doesn't happen that often anymore. There were these clues that you could open up after each course of the meal. I realized after solving the first clue like a maniac on crack and then offering to sell the solution to the table of women next to me who were going on and on about how, "What could that 6-letter word be after "happy"?", that I have a serious disease of some sort. I wanted to scream "It's "happy couple" you morons!". I believe my graduate school experience has reduced me to a competitive, attention seeking loose cannon with the patience of a hummingbird.

Speaking of hummingbirds...we used to have a floral couch in our living room. We had to get rid of it because humming birds kept flying into the windows and dying while attempting to get to the couch's flowers. That should tell you how ugly that couch was.

Where was I?

Oh, yeah. I have 2000 more brain slices to cut and mount. I should not be blogging.

5 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Edie said...

When I got to the clue part I refused to go on reading. Six letter word... six letter word. You must have a happier marriage than I do. I was like, "accident?" No. "Returns?" Sigh.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

That hummingbird story is hilarious. HILARIOUS. Despite the poor defenseless humingbirds. Happy Thanksgiving, Roxie.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger trisha said...

heehee!

I like you more every day, Rox! You are my kind of woman.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Sarahlynn said...

Hilarious! Whole post!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger trisha said...

It really is funny. I keep reading it. Over and over.

(and, ohhh, I have the best word verification word this time: ogzmo)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home