Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

Mom: Where are the dog treats?
Me: Don't worry about it, the dogs are fine.
Mom: I want to give my grandpuppies dog treats, they are here somewhere.
Dad (yelling because he's deaf): What are you looking for?!
Me: Nothing
Mom (yelling): the dog treats--where did you put the dog treats?
Brother2 (talking over the parents): Mom, what is this on the grocery list--I can't read it.
Mom: I can't find anything--where did you put them last?
Brother1: Mom what is this?
Dad: What? I don't know where they are at. Why does everyone blame me?
Brother1: Have you seen Madagascar yet?
Me: No I haven't. Mom, stop worrying about the freakin' treats.
Dogs: Barking and growling over chew toys.
Dad: Where's the grocery list?
Brother2: I already told you, I have it. I just need to know what this word is.
Mom: Honey, did you see the picture of your cousinX yet?
Me: Mom, Brother2 needs you to answer him.
Dad: What? What picture?
Brother2: I really thought the giraffe was funny.
Dad: Where's the grocery list?
Mom (leaving the room): I'll just give the dogs ice cubes.
Brother2: Mom, come here.
Dad: Are we going to the grocery store?
Me: Everyone just stop for one minute. Mom, read the list to brother. Dad, brother has the list--give him one minute and you guys can leave.

Merry Christmas Everyone! God bless family!

7 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger trisha said...

This is hilarious, Rox! Well done!

I always want to try to capture the craziness of my family in times like those, but it is too freaking hard. I am so proud of you.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger BrightStar said...

awesome. :) totally, I'm right here with you.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I hope you had a good Christmas day (with slightly less confusion) :)

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous New Kid on the Hallway said...

This is hysterical! Merry Christmas!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Great story--thanks for sharing.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger RussianViolets said...

Oh, my darling, did you have wine? Lots of wine? :-)

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger funnypages said...

I have a funny site that you maybe interested in. It is designed for a women's sense of humor Free Funny Videos, Funny Clean Jokes, Funny Pictures- Women's Funny Videos. This site also has inspirational thoughts and funny audio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home