Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Santa Part II

Alright, so Trisha got me thinking that perhaps Santa may not be as generous as we all wish he could be. This is understandable given the rumor that there is no Santa. It looks like it's up to my family to come through this year and pick up the slack Santa has left behind, so here is part of my real wishlist. It's really hard for me not to check and see what my mom got me already, but I'm holding back. For those of you thinking that it is awful that I still make a Christmas list , I would like to say that this list was created specifically for my mother to curb her spending and direct her to things that I can use/want. She is trying to make up for all those years that she didn't have money by now buying me expensive things that I really don't need, so this was the solution my brother and I came up with. This way she still feels like she can choose our gifts, but at the same time, she is not picking out things that cost more than my rent.

Learn Something:
Blame my Amygdala
The Tipping Point
Cook Something:
Love the Cuban Food
Polish Cookery
Measuring Heaven
Silicone for your kitchen not your chest
Read Something:
Memories of My Melancholy Whores
You are Not a Stranger Here
Gilead
Treat Yourself:
French Kiss (this is my favorite LUSH product, by far)
Gemstone Bracelet
DuWop Lip Venom
Listen To Something:
Rosemary Clooney's greatest hits
Garbage
Walk the Line
Dress Yourself:
I do my own stunts T-shirt
Parsley Makes it Fancy
Sweater

6 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger BotanicalGirl said...

My mother requires a list from all of us. It does help avoid "bad" presents, though she is horrible at finding clothes I like.

Are you Polish too? I see that cookbook up there. My grandmother's Christmas present from us grandkids is going to be a Polish food feast :)

Also, that Garbage album is excellent and I would be a little elf and give it to you except that I'm horribly poor right now. :(

Hope your Christmas is a good one!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

I'm not polish (although I am 1/4 Lithuanian which, to some, is about the same thing), but I grew up in a town dominated by Polish people. I grew up thinking that pierogies, poppy seed rolls, and sausage with sauerkraut were staples of the American diet. When I entered the real world, I sort of felt like "what the hell is a hamburger and where is the beetroot soup?".

I think we all wish we were rich so that we could indulge our blogger friends. Someday, maybe...

I hope you have a great Christmas too:)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

I wish I could endulge you too. Hell, I wish I could make a dent in my own wishlist. I'm thankful that, unlike my itunes wishlist, amazxon.com doesn't give me a $$ total of my list.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

Wish lists are great. I always make them for my kids and they make them for me. It guarantees that we get at least one thing right. It's all well and good to just think up the perfect gift for someone but mostly it just doesn't work that way.

Excellent list!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger trisha said...

Hey! That's me! Thanks!

I totally need that lip glop. I want bee stung lips with a hint of ginger.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Nina permata sari said...

.....NICE…. ^_^v…..

MASTER KEYWORD KAOS TSHIRTS . MESOTHELIOMA WORLD GAME MASTER POKEMON

 

Post a Comment

<< Home