Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Tail-End of Heaven

As crazy as my family is, I wouldn't have them any other way. They are loving and their home is warm (although incredibly loud--almost illegally so) and they know how to make Christmas a non-commercial, non-Capitalist enterprise. I'm very blessed.

And then, I returned back to the lab--the anti-christ...mas.

Blah.

Without going off on an angry tirade, I'll just say people who look a gift horse in the mouth get kicked in the head for their stupidity. Also, when someone does something that you are too lazy to do, don't complain that they did it in a way that is not convenient for you and, under no circumstances, don't explain to everyone how you are busier than they are unless you are positive that your blinders are off.

On the other hand, I did get one of these from a caring friend. She knows that I'll be spending a lot of time sitting at my desk and in the car over the next few months, and she knows how painful that is for me, literally. I'm using it right now, and I actually love it.

When are we going to figure out how to glue tailbones back on?

I guess I should have thought about that before falling down the stairs twice in one month. Even though that was forever ago, I still have a little PTSD when I stand at the top of the stairs.
At least I know my amygdala is intact, albeit a bit dysfunctional.

Where was I?

3 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Murky Thoughts said...

There's something very explicit about that cushion. I'm not sure it isn't a little unseemly to be posting about it. Gawk at my amygdala all you want, but my tail bone is my personal business.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Suit yourself...don't come running to me when you want advice on what to do about your ailing tail...bone.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Murky Thoughts said...

I don't run so fast backwards anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home