Monday, January 23, 2006

Dirty Harry Days

I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots, or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

When I was young, everyone around me worshipped Rainbow Bright, Strawberry Shortcake, and Barbie. I, however, being a girl in a man's world, was a big fan of Dirty Harry. I've decided that this idolatrous relationship with a fictional bad-ass has helped me through periods like this--times when the whole world is out to destroy me.

So, here's the secret to this scientist's productivity today.

I am going to conjure the spirit of Dirty Harry. I don't believe there is a scientific way to do this, so I'm going to light some candles, play some angry music, and shoot foam darts at my binders with my bad-ass foam dart gun.

I am going to kill my way through my dissertation's methods section. I am then going to write a brilliant response to my paper's reviewers. Everyone will find themselves wishing they could remember if it was 5 shots or 6.

Go ahead, make my day.

If I keep telling myself that I can do it, maybe I can. Right?

4 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger ScienceWoman said...

Go for it. You can do it.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Murky Thoughts said...

You can do it, and you'll do your own stunts too.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Absolutely.

You can do anything.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I think having the right attitude is half of the battle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home