Saturday, January 21, 2006

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

To top off the wonderful week of doom:

"We regret to inform you"

You should never get a letter that begins with those words at the end of a week like this.

And last, but not least:

The microscope is not working. The one and only microscope available to me in this stinkin' university--the one piece of equipment that I need to finish my work--has become unhappy after having some routine maintenance done. Oh the irony. The one thing that was working perfectly fine. Thank God the "experts" came in to "tune it up" and destroyed it in the process. I hope they choke on their happy hour drinks. Well, maybe not choke, but I definitely their drinks taste "tuned up" in a funky sort of way.

It's all so funny. Ha, ha, hee, hee.

I'm going to sit here like a pro and wait for Ashton and the camera crew to jump out and tell me that I've been Punk'd.

Yep, that's the only explanation.

ps
Do you find it odd that neighbors who we barely speak to just popped in 5-minutes ago to ask if they can borrow our car to move a piece of furniture?

That, my friends, takes balls.

Oh well, we'll help because they are really nice and, obviously, outgoing. Also, I guess we'll help because we're those kind of people. You know, the kind without any balls.

6 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger post-doc said...

When Ashton pops up (which has to happen because you're right - nothing else makes sense) kick him in the shins for me.

Hope things improve greatly ASAP. I'm sorry you're getting hit with more than your share of bad luck.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger BrightStar said...

I frickin' hate that Ashton guy.

One of my friends asked to borrow my car once, and I was really uncomfortable with it, even though we were good friends, so I couldn't imagine someone I hardly know asking me! ick.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger trisha said...

It's very odd.

My new neighbor sells butt plugs.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger muse said...

Neighbours: weird, but hey, it's good karma, since you're stuck doing it

"We regret...": what was that about? Is your family ok?

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Oh yes, everyone is OK.

No, "the regret" was in a response letter to something that I had submitted for publication. It turns out that they liked it a lot, and will probably publish it if I change a few things. So I guess things aren't always as bad as they seem.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger muse said...

Phew! :) And congrats for the upcoming publication!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home