Wednesday, January 11, 2006

This year

I noticed many people are recapping last year, highlighting all of the major highs and lows of this crazy thing called life.

I have decided that I'm deleting the year 2005 from my memory banks. I have never in my life deleted an entire year before--even the really rough ones that could have killed me had I not been asleep.

So, I guess I will have to unleash my goals for 2006, instead.

Resolutions:
1.) Drink more than 6oz of water every day.
2.) Be satisfied with my best. Try to feel some pleasure knowing that I did everything I could given the circumstances.
3.) Stop waiting for tomorrow to be happy today.
4.) Stop being so angry at the stupid things stupid people do
5.) Go fishing more often
6.) Play outside when I'm sad instead of watching crappy TV
7.) Read one novel written in Spanish (I try to do this every year, but last year was so...I don't remember).
8.) Write something for publication, other than a data-related journal article.

I'm going to stop at 8; it's a good number.

5 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger trisha said...

9. Become phone friends with Trisha

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

8 is a good number and you have some excellent resolutions, some of which we could all benefit from!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Speak for yourself, Jess. I am perfect.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger sue said...

These all sound good - except the spanish novel thing. But I'm sure it's good for YOU. I wouldn't know more than one or two words, then would be stuck with the spanish translation dictionary and it would take me a long long time just to translate, then to read with comprehension, well, that WOULD be a task, wouldn't it? I'm just sayin'...

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

My only resolution for this year is to cast off my bad body image. It is worse than useless - it is a bummer. Sort of like watching TV instead of going outside or reading a good book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home