Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Chapter 5

I have a chapter done for my thesis. It's Chapter 5. I started with chapter 5 because it was already semi-put together in manuscript form. I lifted about 1/2 of the chapter from the manuscript, and then I just had to write the other half and rework the whole thing so it flows smoothly.

It is about 50 pages--I still have to put together a few figures, so it could be plus or minus a few pages. If I have 6 chapters, plus references and random stupid pages (a whole page just to say "this work is copyright protected"), then I should be somewhere around 300 pages when I'm finished. I don't want it to be over 300 pages because then it will have to be organized into two volumes, and that annoys me for some unexplainable reason. Regardless, I feel good knowing that I'm on my way.

I feel like I should have a party for myself, or something.

What's that you say? You want to read some of it? OK, here's an excerpt:

DNA[Fe(II)] + H2O2 -->
DNA[Fe(III)] + ·OH + OH-

Isn't it poetic?

6 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Murky Thoughts said...

OH!!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

A thing of beauty and a joy forever.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Progress is always a good thing.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Everyone knows that.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger BotanicalGirl said...

Oxygen radical! Eeeek!

Good for you getting a chapter done though!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger sue said...

Oh. Do I feel dumb now? Yep. Thanks.

You GO girl!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home