Sunday, February 05, 2006

It is not legal

So, your comments have encouraged me to get off my ass and do some detective work. The last 5 students to graduate had their insurance cut off the day they took their paperwork in. However, in the insurance information book, it claims that we will have our insurance until August 14th, even if we graduate before that.

The student insurance office has confirmed the information booklet. I did not get a straight answer on the COBRA stuff.

Now I must go snoop around the University administration offices since the insurance company is claiming it's innocence.

5 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Glad to hear that the student insurance office seems to be in your favor. I will be curious to hear how all this turns out.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger trisha said...

May I please be your sidekick?

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

We are only employees in ways that are annoying, but not in any way that actually confers benefits. For example, employees have choices of like 10 insurance plans, we get stupid health insurance. We do, however, have to take a yearly ethics exam (because all of a sudden we are employees) which takes 1/2 hour and includes questions like, "you need a stapler. There is an extra one in the office. Should you take it home?" And if we don't take it, we get fined $5000!

On the job training, my ass. The place couldn't function without grad student labor.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger trisha said...

I still want to be your sidekick.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Fine. I'll be someone else's sidekick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home