Thursday, February 02, 2006

I've been tagged

Science woman tagged me, so here goes:

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) BrightStar
2) Seeking Solace
3) Statgirl
4) ScienceWoman
5.) She Falters to Rise

Next select five people to tag (Sorry!):
If you have not been tagged for this one, please consider yourself tagged, and let me know when you do it so I can list you. This is called delegating responsibility, people.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was beginning my second semester of my freshman year of college. It was cold, and I believe we probably had about 20 inches of snow on the ground. I was happy, but in a manic, crazy kind of way so I don't know if that counts. It was the last time that I had a large group of friends that I hung out with, drank with, cried with, and got into mischief with. I was single, which meant that I spent a lot of time on the prowl, cherishing every Red Lobster dinner I could manage to squeeze out of the cheap frat guys. Because I generally refused the midnight booty calls, I spent a lot of time at Burger King. Valentine's day was coming so I had a guy from back home lined up just in case--it turns out the steroids both killed his brain and made him very angry when my roomate laughed at him for being a phys-ed major so that V-day was, um, bad.

I was also working part time at a deli, making sandwiches and trying not to kill the owner's 18-year old daughter who decided not to go to college (because she couldn't get into any) so that she could manage the deli. Her idea of managing consisted of sucking her boyfriend's face in the back while she yelled out random orders and told all of the employees how stupid they were. It's funny that on the day the electricity got knocked out by the snow, she wigged because she couldn't figure out how we were going to calculate diner's bills without a register. She, my friends, was a certifiable jackass.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Praying that this stupid PhD thing would be over soon. Worrying about my brother who had taken ill again. Basically, exactly what I'm doing now.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. cheese of anykind except for the blue kind
2. tomato and basil wedged between fresh (real) mozzarella
3. peanuts and almonds mixed with raisins
4. super nachos
5. Sheetz MTOs

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
I'm going to give you song groups instead of individuals because I tend to learn the lyrics to all of the songs by particular artists

1. Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire, Hurt -- Johnny Cash
2. TNT, Dirty Deeds, and anything else by AC DC
3. All of the songs from the Wall + Wish You were Here--Pink Floyd
4. Yellow -- Cold Play
5. The entire Stripped CD -- Christina Aguilera

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Set my family up (including my in-laws) so that they never have to work for the Man ever again
2. Pay for my husband to explore every hobby, interest, or occupation that he desires
3. Travel--back to Costa Rica and then off to Turkey, Australia, Spain and everywhere else
4. Buy/build a house and decorate it with real furniture and matching everything
5. Start up a chain of wonderful communities staffed with kind, caring people to house, employ, entertain, and educate people with mental disorders and disabilities

Five bad habits:
1. worrying
2. passive aggressive revenge
3. being stubborn in a maladaptive sort of way
4. not putting my laundry away
5. leaving half-full glasses of water all over the house

Five things you like doing:
1. spending time with my husband (especially if I'm getting head rubs) and my family in general
2. playing with my dog
3. reading
4. not thinking
5. doing artsy things

Five things you would never wear again:
1. anything made with wool
2. my little blue dress (it was really little)
3. my crushed-velvet boots
4. belts around my oversized shirts
5. jelly shoes

Five favorite toys:
1. books (I'm not much of a "toy") person
2. Japanese Chef knife
3. laptop
4. digital camera
5. my vocal chords

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

You and Dr. Four Eyes -- what's with all the jelly shoe hating???

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

They made my feet look like little bound sausages...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home