Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My urinal looks a bit girly

I know...sorry, I've been busy.

First, without beating a dead horse or anything, I would like to point out that my childhood friends and neighbors have gone out hunting with real bullets since they day they turned 13, often drunk and groggy from heading out before 5am, and there hasn't been a hunting accident in my town as long as I've been alive. Well, a cow did get killed, but they do kind of look like deer.

Second, my V-day was really sweet and fun, and my husband got me the most gorgeous calla lilies because he knows that I turn up my nose at roses. Actually, I just heart calla lilies a million times more than any other flower.

So, in the spirit of the calla, you must go here. It redefines the saying "when nature calls".

5 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger post-doc said...

This could very well have made my morning! I find myself really trying to stifle giggles over the whole shot on accident issue. But yes - cow:deer much more than old man:quail. Excellent point. Still laughing a little over it.

I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day! It's nice to hear, though I found the urinals to be a bit disturbing.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

Those urinals are so much more civilized than the ones Virgin Airlines was planning on installing. That Bronson guy is such a card!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Katie said...

The urinals are strangely pretty, but VERY weird. I wonder if after some time there might be a generalization effect that would take place? So, if I guy sees a Calla Lily at the florist, will that make him want to go pee? I remember reading in one of my psych books about a case where the parents helped potty train a kid by having a red nose of a clown light up when he peed in the potty. This was generalized to where one day at a red stop light, the kid peed in the car. So, maybe it would not be a good thing to have these urinals for the same reason?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

I could never pee in those, they're so cute! I'd feel so ... guilty.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Awww....my wedding flowers were calla lilies - I love them, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home