Sunday, February 05, 2006

Please

Dear God,
Please let the Steelers win so that my husband is happy. If my husband is happy, he will clean off the stovetop tomorrow and put his multiple, random sock piles in the dirty-clothes basket, freeing me of those two dreaded tasks. I hate to bother you for a sporting event, because I believe that people who pray for their team to win need to reconsider their priorities when it comes to contacting almighty, supreme beings. I hate it when people ask me for stupid things that really don't matter, and in turn I usually respond by being less than helpful. I'm sure that upon extrapolating those behaviors to a God level, annoying "chatter" down here makes God send down asteroids and famine and avian flu. Nevertheless, if I have to sit here and watch people praying for all this crap that they deem important, I might as well throw one out there. There's so much chatter on Superbowl Sunday, you probably won't even figure out who said what, so I'm safe, I think.

Sincerely,
Me at my wit's end

2 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

I'll bet your house looks really great by now. Go Steelers!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger sue said...

Clean stove, no socks! Whoot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home