Friday, February 24, 2006

Wartroos, Credit Scores, and A Tag

First, I want you to know that I'm very disappointed that this conservative-run mocracy of a government let Jack Hanna appear on Good Morning America with a kangaroo that had an affinity for wart hogs. Jack claimed that the kangaroo had never acted like this before, but I find that hard to believe. Once a wart hog humper, always a wart hog humper...or so I've heard. There is something ungodly about wartroos being conceived on television, I'm sure.

Second, FYI for all of you who don't know (although maybe I'm the only idiot out here): unpaid medical bills can appear on your credit report and hurt your credit score. Even if it is not your fault and you and your insurance company are fighting the hospital, if the bill gets sent to a collections agency, you are screwed (although it doesn't seem to impact your score that much). Their advice to me, you ask?

"Even though this will be resolved and you will not owe this ridiculous amount of money, we suggest you pay it until things get sorted out, and you will be reimbursed later on. This will prevent your credit from being damaged."

You can fill in all of the things that I'm yelling at that "advice" right now. When did North Korea take over our medical system? Rat bastards.

Third, Edie tagged me so I'll play along.

So, you are supposed to acknowledge with a link who tagged you (see above), answer the questions, and then tag four fellow bloggers.

1: Black and White or Color; how do you prefer your movies?

Both. I do, however, have an extreme aversion to movies with a yellow/warm tint. A lot of movies in the 70's have a warm tone, and I can not watch them. It took all I had to make it through "The Shining" because of this adversion.

2: What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?

Post-game sports analyses. They are out of control. They have followed the lead of 24-hr news programs that will take something that needs little explanation and expound on it for a needless amount of time. Boring.

Oh, and I can not watch Ann Coulter interviews. I can not be entertained by interviews of people who have nothing to say. It's like random dinner-party dribble. Who cares?

3: MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: what is your favorite medium
for prerecorded music?


Medium doesn't matter as long as I'm listening to something that moves me. There are certain artists that I prefer to hear on record, because that is how I first heard them and fell in love with them. I don't think I have any tapes that didn't melt in my old beater car, so I guess you can cross that off the list.

4: You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going… Ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run?

No. I wouldn't even consider it. What's the point of being alive without other people?

5: Seriously, what do you consider the world’s most pressing issue now?

A lack of real civic/social awareness. All pressing issues trickle down from this.

6: How would you rectify the world’s most pressing issue?

I don't know. I spend restless nights thinking about this--I just don't know.

7: You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be?

I wish I could go back and be a better daughter and sister. I wish I could go back and be more selfless. I'm getting better, but I wish I would have started sooner.

8: You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be?

I don't really know enough about history to answer this question responsibly. I've recently been trying to catch up in this area, so maybe I'll be able to answer this question in the future.


9: A night at the opera, or a night at the Grand Ole’ Opry–Which do you choose?

Opera

10: What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you’d like to solve?

There are a lot of crimes that I'm interested in: Jack the Ripper, Jimmy Hoffa, the Zodiac killer, etc. I think, however, the unsolved crime that I would personally pursue is the mass murdering of women in Ciudad Juarez.

A young girl who goes down to Aruba, gets trashed, runs off into the night with a strange man and then disappears gets over a year's worth of press and "analyses", causing many outraged American vacationers to ban travel to Aruba. At the same time, over 300 women have been abducted, raped, and brutally murdered in Mexico without a peep from the American press.

There's a reason why books like "Crime and Punishment" mean so much to me.

11: One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal?

I now make it a point to never try to meet any of my heroes. I've had the opportunity to meet some writers and scientists who I looked up to and admired, only to be disappointed. I like blind love better than reality.

12: You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky— what's the first immoral thing you might do to celebrate this fact?

I would start robbing rich people and leaving the money in the mailboxes of the poor. I live my life the way I want to now, so I don't think there's anything that I would want to do differently.

Now, the hard part: who to tag next.

Dr. Zeus: because he's a coroner and must have something unique to add

Shrinky: because she always has something interesting to say

Trisha: because she is finding herself right now and I miss her

PK: because she is freakin' hilarious

7 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Good answers, dear. And PK is SO hilarious!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Bob said...

I read somewhere that medical debts don't really have too much impact on your credit score. I don't remember what reason was given, if any. Maybe the credit rating people know how crappy the insurance companies are when it comes to paying the medical providers.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

SFTR, I'm soliciting those I read and love to help me -

Please go here: http://www.denibonet.com/blog/

and vote for my ugly, naked colorful lady as the "Best of the Bad Art" - the Chicken and the Egg and I are neck and neck!

Thanks!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger trisha said...

couldn't you just get a plane ticket to a city where a friend lives. you could then bump into him/her, and you wouldn't have told anyone.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Edie said...

I don't think you can have it both ways according to the wording of the question, but then again, no one is grading you on your answers!

I agree with the bit about yellow film. Blue movies (a la Matrix, Terminator, Batman, etc.) grate on me more. Didn't you know that in the future men wear matte and women wear shiny black leather? Modern films can be very cold... and yucky.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Jessica: I am having a hard time getting to that site, but I will keep trying.

Edie: I'm the queen of having things both ways. It's a tricky beam to balance upon, but it can be done. The problem is that I rarely believe, if ever, that there is a "right answer". As soon as I think I have the answer, I turn around and tear it apart to find another answer.

Trisha: Huh? You are going to have to help my brain figure your comment out because it just isn't working quite like it used to.

Bob: Thanks. I read that somewhere too. It's just so hard to figure out what the "Truth" is anymore when it comes to credit scores.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger phu said...

thanks for the useful tips

check on google for "cast spells radionics software"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home