Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'll be back

I'm here...trying to read your blogs when prying eyes in the lab aren't looking, or when my neighbor leaves for work allowing me to sit on his porch and use his internet. Just kidding...or am I?

The current truth is that the problem with my Comcast internet is that my signal is too strong. They kept telling me that I was the idiot, that I was bumping the button or not plugging it in or overheating the modem. I knew I was not doing any of those things, but they did not know that. I'm sure they have to deal with their share of idiots.

Finally, they came. They come when you cry.

At first, it seemed like it was still my fault. My cable is spliced in a half dozen places, so the signal must just be weak. But, no. It turns out that even at the last splice, my signal is stronger than what most people have coming directly into their home.

Who would think that your internet won't work if your signal is too strong?

They are probably messing with me, but I'm too dumb to know it.

They were supposed to come out last week, but "something happened", and they weren't able to make it.

I just want my freakin' internet to work.

How can I work from home, if my home has no internet?

People are going to start thinking it's odd that I walk my dog holding my laptop.

I will see you all again soon.

11 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Ack - how frustrating!

Hope to see you soon, dear.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

That would make me crazy. I hope you are demanding that they give you a credit for this.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Come and work from my home. Plenty of room now!

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Katie said...

I think I'd be calling them every hour, sobbing, trying to explain how very important the internet is. So I applaud your strength, and hope everything is fixed ASAP.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hope to see you soon! Miss your posts already!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Hurry!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger trisha said...

And by "hurry," I meant, um, hurry.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger shrinkykitten said...

hello! where are you! I'm in withdrawals here!

do you ever watch the gilmore girls? In a recent episode, one of the characters was walking around town with his laptop open looking for a wireless signal ... it reminded me of you :)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger trisha said...

I had a dream the other night that you posted.

It was a glorious dream.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger William the Coroner said...

Come back, Falter, I'm in withdrawal.

Oh. Yeah. I'm trying to e-mail someone who's off the net. Right.

Anybody got a homing lobster?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

What the hell's wrong with Comcast??? We NEED YOU BACK!!! do I need to come kick some comcass?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home