Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Black Holes

"I am not that crazy lady who calls 911, just so she can take a ride in an ambulance. I do not call toll-free numbers in lonely despair so that I may talk to someone with a friendly voice. I have no love of your service repair men, as cunning as they may be...."

They (Comcast or a.k.a. the Man's evil helpers) refused to believe me that there was a MAJOR problem with our cable because every time they left here, my internet was magically fixed. When I say "fixed" I mean it would work for 1 or 2 hours and then disappear into la-la land where politicians, elves, and the occasional sea serpent walk around wondering what happened to their cash transfer from Mr. Obo's African estate.

Finally, after convincing them that I really do have a life and don't live and die to see their van outside of my house, they agreed to rewire EVERYTHING. So, I am back now. Actually, I was back last week, but it took me awhile to catch up with the world and all of my deadlines. I couldn't allow myself to even peep at the blogosphere until I was done with my "must do's".

Let's hope for some smooth sailing for the next few weeks.

9 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

Welcome back! You were missed.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Hey! (wave, wave, wave!!!!)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger William the Coroner said...

Glad you're back. I was missin' ya.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger trisha said...

Woo! Hi, Sweetiehead!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Edie said...

So that's where that estate money is...

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Glad to see you are back! I myself have just returned from a conference and will be posting again as well.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Lina said...

welcome back!

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger muse said...

Hurray! You're back, _and_ you vanquished the Cable Company Monster! You rule! :)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Feel free to call me anytime - I'm friendly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home