Tuesday, April 18, 2006

To do, To do

Sometimes I feel like Alice in Wonderland--in pursuit of a white rabbit through a world that makes little, if any, sense. When I'm feeling large, the world around me becomes so small, yet, when the world around me expands, I shrink to a size so tiny that I can't see above the chaos.

And then, there is the tea party...

I've tried to figure out if the Mad Hatter is the Man or if the Mad Hatter is my alter ego standing in between me and the white rabbit. Oh, and let's not forget those annoying talking flowers.

Regardless, my checklist is overwhelming me. Sometime, between now and the end of May I have to:

--Turn in all of my paperwork to the graduate school
--Prepare my oral defense presentation
--Finish crunching numbers
--Finish writing my thesis (100 pages down, 200 more to go)
--Finish writing my next manuscript
--Get signatures from my committee members and turn in my thesis proposal that I should have turned in years ago
--Study for my oral defense
--Find a job

If that Mad Hatter doesn't stop singing "A very merry un-birthday", he's going to find himself sleeping with the fish.

6 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

I love the analogy. :) Good luck with it all!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Ooh, honey.
Maybe give yourself a break from that last one? At least move it to the second week in June? Maybe?
That list makes me want to go lie down.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Murky Thoughts said...

No time to say hello, goodbye, you're late, you're late, you're late!

Good luck!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Gosh. Sometimes I think my life is like this as well. But truthfully, right now, reading about what you have to do makes me feel overwhelmed simply reading this! Best of luck getting it accomplished!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger trisha said...

--Become phone friends with trisha.

You forgot that one.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

T is a good phone friend, I can testify.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home