Thursday, April 06, 2006

What to Do

How do I procrastinate/work offline?

First, I read this.

Then, I decided to learn Hebrew.

Then, I began studying Hebrew using a crappy online tutorial.

Then, I got tired and forgot that I was learning Hebrew.

I decided to go for a jog.

After my run, I was cold, so I took a nice hot bath and read a chapter of this.

Then, I decided I wanted to know more about Easter Island. I began an intensive online research project.

Then, I remembered it was my dad's birthday. I always get his birthday and Easter switched in my fragile brain.

Then, as I tried to figure out if I should dig up the 8-foot tall, pink yard bunny that is hiding in my basement with the other holiday crap, I miraculously thought of a way to transform my data so that I can do a parametric analysis and hopefully pick up the small trends I believe I'm consistently seeing.

Then, I couldn't breathe because that sentence went on forever.

Then, I started working on my dissertation again.

Then, I typed this.

12 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Murky Thoughts said...

Nice to have you back! Hebrew? Mah? I guess that puts you en route to Aramaic. Is that where you're headed? To the Dead Sea scrolls? Anyway, surely this is the pedestrian approach given our president talks to Jesus directly in English or frat boy or whatever. My sense is that the true believers don't even need to transform their data to know that Jesus knows the small trend is there and will shepherd you through peer review.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger trisha said...

Ha!

Is it any wonder I love you?

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Trisha: the fact that you love me only confirms that you may be as crazy as I am:)

Murky: I am in a historical religious text phase of my life. Probably because I can't sleep at night and end up watching ALOT of the history channel.

Poor Bush needs all the divinity he can pay for right now, I'm afraid.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Nels said...

And how long did this all take? An hour? Two? Ten minutes?

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Murky Thoughts said...

You want History Channel? Forget Aramaic. The bi-millennial scoop just out today on the biblical Jesus is in Coptic. The Gospel of Judas.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger trisha said...

My love for you is blind.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Murky Thoughts said...

Looks likes it's a big news day for alternate perspectives on Jesus. This just in.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Oh, you are One of My People, you are.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

You are so funny, dear....and Easter Island fascinates me, too!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Apparently, Judas is having the Best Week Ever. Bush (that leaky bastard), however, is not.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Nels: It's all a blur...

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Starving for Wisdom said...

Oh my god that made me laugh. I have had these types of days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home