Friday, May 05, 2006

Where Am I?

"Some time around 2:45 a.m., I drove the few blocks to the Capitol Complex believing I needed to vote," his second statement said. "Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication."
--Rep. Patrick Kennedy after crashing into a barrier (in order to avoid hitting a police cruiser) near the Capitol

At least he didn't kill an intern.

I used to think my Uncle Billy Bob's excuses were so lame because he was an alcoholic and drug addict and not very smart or educated. Apparently, he was just being a politician when he claimed that he hit a fence to avoid running over a chicken, and then went home and drank a case of beer in an hour (explaining why he was drunk when the police arrived at his house). You see, it wasn't really a hit-and-run either because he left a note--the chicken must have eaten it.

Which story is more believable? I'm not sure.

2 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger trisha said...

I love the chicken story. Good stuff.

Once when I was drunk and driving, back when I was insane, both my friend and I got out of my car to wander off. We left it running and parked in a lane of traffic.

Neither of us would admit who had been driving.

And I vaguely remember swearing there was a third person.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger she falters to rise said...

Oh, the things we do when we are all messed up...
At least you know that it happens to everyone, including those people at "the top".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home