Thursday, June 22, 2006

Yippee!

Things I'm excited about that prove I'm a loser:

--I have my own, personal FedEx account number. I can FedEx packages without carrying cash or going to the store. This may seem trivial to the average human, but I'm so far removed from the "real world" that getting my FedEx number was a really big deal. It makes me feel real.

--I am going to have a cubicle. I'm so excited about this cubicle that I'm busting at the seams. I've always dreamed of having one and decorating it and getting a red, Swingline stapler. For those of you who have had a "desk" inside a wet lab, you probably understand. I am used to having a desk with 3 drawers in a windowless room filled with boxes and tubes containing old, shriveled brains. My former desk was in the "rat treatment room", so it smelled of urine, feces, and death. Oh, and there was also a deep freeze next to my desk that buzzed so loudly that I'm now partially deaf. My new cubicle will have a window and carpeting and no lab equipment, and I will actually be able to eat and drink at it.

--Our new house has a built in shelf that my sewing machine will fit on. I've had the machine for 3-years, and it's still in the box. It was a random gift from my mom (I've talked about her gifting before), and I've never had a place to put it as housing here is so freakin' expensive that we've always lived in shoeboxes. I can't wait! An added bonus to moving is that I'm going to have a dishwasher. A real, working dishwasher. I'm clapping right now thinking about it.

I'm so excited!

6 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Oooh! I'd totally be excited by those things too, especially the Fed Ex account and the cubicle. :)

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

yay! I'm very jealous of your cubicle :) And I wish I had a sewing machine (and space to put it)

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

It all sounds wonderfu - yay for you!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Isn't it funny how the little things in our workplace can make us happy?

I have a desk in the lab. Although the smells are not that great from time to time. Some smells I have gotten "used to", others will sometimes catch me off guard.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger ($Mb/B said...

Okay, so I have a stamp with my name on it.

Four years of undergrad: check.
Four years of med school: check.
Five years of residency: check.
Little rubber stamp with my name on it: ahhh....

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger p said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home