Thursday, October 19, 2006

No Promises

I can't promise you that this won't be my last post. On the other han, I can't promise you that I won't post mundane facts about my life everyday for the rest of my life. I just am not in the position to make promises.

My postdoc is very clinical--no more rat slayings and no more genetic mumbo jumbo...well, at least no more ratocide.

It is also eating up a lot of my time because the learning curve looks a lot like Mt. Everest...and we all know what happens on the way up the mountain. I haven't chopped off any fingers or eaten any frozen bodies yet...but it's still early.

On the other hand, some things haven't changed. For instance, there is an old Korean woman who has a drycleaning business in my husband's office building. I've heard that she is in love with my husband and dotes on him like no other.

I sent some clothes with him last time he dropped of his suits. Big mistake.

Today, I was so concerned that my newly-cleaned pants had a button missing that I failed to notice that the seam on my left leg was gone. We're talking total open air exposure.

By the time I got off the metro on the way home, my seam was split from my groin to my foot. It was almost as though I had turned my day-wear pants into an evening wear skirt...

Accident my ass.

Regardless, life isn't that different.

I do like what I'm doing, I just have so little free time right now.

So many stories that you all have missed...

Don't worry, sooner or later I'll get them out.

I do need a new blog.

I do miss you all...I really, really do.

This is so weird, for some reason.

14 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

It's nice to hear from you :) I'm glad you're enjoying your postdoc and I hope you do post again!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I miss your posts. Hopefully you will post those stories!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Hey, Rox - thinking about you, dear.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger muse said...

Hi there!

"This is so weird, for some reason"

I know what you mean! Of my blogging pals (people who read and comment - you know, with whom an "online discussion" of sorts has been established), most are total strangers. I mean, a couple of my real life friends read it (but usually don't comment online), but the rest are just wonderful/different/"I guess we'd never have been friends otherwise because I doubt that we'd have gone beyond the exterior/polite/mundane interaction stuff" people...

And just as, sometimes, I just can't wait to tell my real life friends about something, at other times, it's the blogging pals that I'm dying to share something with and to know what they'll think of this whatever it is...

Anyhoo, glad to be reading you again, and I hope that if you do have to gnaw on some corpses, you pick the lean meat ones! (better for your heart!) lol

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Oh no, not weird!
Well, maybe a little. But it's not you, honey, it's us.
Thinking good thoughts to you and your pants (what's left of 'em)...

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger trisha said...

I miss you. You have no idea.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger sue said...

HEY! You really ARE alive! Glad I popped over to check... now, if I can only get you to write more often. Hmmm.... Be sure you let us know if you start a new one!

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous loan motorcycle said...

When you're buying a motorcycle you need to know about bikes, but you also need to know about how to buy a bike, and that has nothing to do with engines and manufacturing. One important detail where a lot of people that purchase motorcycles go wrong is getting the right loan.

 
At 1:42 AM, Anonymous lldavydova said...

As for me, I always try not to make any promises. I just don't like the feeling to be bound by a promise.:))

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger p said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger p said...

very helpful post thankyou

check on google for "cast spells radionics software"

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous sunny leone said...

great dude such a fantastic contnt

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous hd wallpapers said...

really such a great dude content is explaing your quality

 

Post a Comment

<< Home